
Becasue every post should include a picture I will add this one, one of the last of my darling girl with her cast on.
For some reason I had it in my head that getting a cast off would be fun, even for a two year old. Having never had one before, I could only see the awesomeness of it. However, I somehow forgot that Alice was only allowed her cast for 3 weeks rather than the regular six. Because she is so young it is unwise to keep it on longer and so she was sent home cast free with brand new brittle bone on her eft elbow. The doctor warned us that even a regular fall could easily re-brake the bone. Great.
The actual cast of experience was traumatising to stay the least. We experienced a surprise when the coloring paper the receptionist gave her was rainbow Brite (her favorite) but beyond that, nothing else was worth a smile. The actual cutting off of the cast began the screaming fest with a possibly two rough nurse and a little girl who simply had to watch. At that point we were sent into x-rays and she huddled into my chest until we were called in then screamed through the entire x-ray process. As we were leaving Alice cried and fought against me saying that she needed a newcast.
The first day with it off was alot of pain, I am sure, with it being so stiff and since then she almost forgotten that it was broken and only babies it when she remembers.
Now, Alice, don't break another bone... at least until we have insurance.









No comments:
Post a Comment