PlayDough Cookies

I got this idea off the crafty crow a while ago, so I couldn't find the original post. However the general idea is simple. Add food coloring to cookie dough - mix and then use the dough like playdough and create fun things that can later be eaten. And it was fun! So fun we are going to do it again! But before that I need to find a better reciepe, we used a stright sugar cookie reciepe and I didn't really like them. We got some beautiful colors from our mixing and Alice learned what colors make purple and orange, the facts of which she proudly passed on for the next few days.

We broke this acitivity into two days. Day one we made the dough. Day two we took the dough out of the refridgerator and rolled it.

(see I told you I need a rolling pin)This was actually harder than it looked with that cup. The cups are from burger king in 1993 - I am actually surprised it did not break with how hard I had to push. After the were all rolled, we cookie cuttered them.

This process yielded mistake number two, as I only had one cookie cutter. The activity would have been bounds more fun if I would have had lots more cookie cutters and Alice would have been able to help. I will HAVE to remedy that before next time.

Once the cookies were cut out we decorated them with other bits of cookie dough making fun eggs, bunnies, and hearts. Alice had fun pushing them all together.

And eating the dough too.
They cooked up nicely, but didn't taste very good. Dan says it was because they didn't have frosting. But that eliminates the process of keeping the excess sugar out of the house.

So if anyone has a good reciepe that might work for this activity let me know!
Tomorrow - Three color activities with rice!









1 comment:
http://raisingbabycheap.blogspot.com/2009/02/happy-superbowl.html
This is my recipe for the best sugar cookies ever!
Post a Comment