You rarely have time for everything you want in this life, so you have to make choices.Hopefully your choices can come from a deep sense of who you are and who you want to become.
-- Mr. Rogers

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Shopping Spree OR "I made and Oven"

We went on a shopping spree at R.C. Willey the other day. We needed a new camera and R.C. Willey was having a 'sale'. Plus, we had been trying to get Dan a gym membership but didn't know when he would actually make it to the gym so we needed to buy him something to use to work out at home. So we went on a shopping spree and I didn't freak out for a whole two days after wards, it was great.
We bought the camera as mentioned, and I actually don't have a picture of the camera.. as I was using it. But it is very nice. A Sony CyberShot 12.1 Mega Pixels. Handy.
We also bought a giant freezer.
Photobucket
Ours was no where near big enough and I like to freeze meals. That, and Dan wants to buy a cow this fall (as in the meat not the animal) so we will need the space.
Photobucket
Right now it is occupied by junk

And last we bought Dans exercise machine.
Photobucket
Actually the Wii and the Wii fit cost the same as a year gym pass and he has already lost 6 lbs. So this purchase I am happy with.

But all those purchases create a lot of garbage. And as Alice has really wanted a play house, but it was no where near our budget, we made her one.
Photobucket
The house is simple, the cardboard box from the freezer, with a piece of Styrofoam packing material as the door. It even has a window.
Photobucket
She likes to go in here to pretend to sleep, play house, and hide from monsters.
Photobucket
To go with the house I made an Oven. And this was a work of ingenuity genius on my part. I cut apart all the remaining pieces of Styrofoam packing and taped it together.
Photobucket
It made a rather large mess. Then we colored the burners on the top and the turkey on the front (she chose a turkey over cookies but I think It looks more like a whale)
Photobucket
The over opens and closes by the use of more ingenuity by me (and tape and magnets) Alice LOVES it! And I love it too! I am such a genius, now If you'll excuse me I need to bask in my glow.

Up next:
Lagoon!
and
Why we don't Vaccinate.

No comments: